Archival collections of material produced or by or in the custody of the BCC Archives.
Visit our archived media through the channels listed above or explore our individual collections below.
- Marketing and Communications Department Photograph Collection, c.1985-2007The BCC Marketing and Communication Department Photograph Collection consists of 8.5 linear feet of photographs that chronicle student life, staff and faculty events. This collection conveys an exciting snapshot of campus life. See the finding aid below. For access, please set up an appointment with the Head Archivist, Cynthia Tobar at Cynthia.Tobar@bcc.cuny.edu This entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
- Ruth Bass Papers, 1939- 2011The Ruth Bass Papers consists of 7.3 linear feet of correspondence, notes, annotated documents, academic work, books, promotional material for exhibitions, art criticism, periodicals and photographs (including slides). Documents span from her time as an undergraduate to her professional life in and out of Bronx Community College. A collection of ARTNews with Ruth Bass’s publications is housed in Bliss Hall, room 205. It includes the following issues: March 1973; May 1979–April 1998. For access contact the Art & Music Office at 718-289-5341. Call # LD58.B29 .A87 For access, please set up an appointment with Head of Archives, Prof. Cynthia Tobar… Read more: Ruth Bass Papers, 1939- 2011
- Hall of Fame for Great Americans Digital CollectionBronx Community College Archives has completed a large-scale digitization project of our Hall of Fame for Great Americans collection to enable faculty and the general public to continue using this landmarked monument as a tool for teaching, learning, and engagement in the Humanities. This project provides a visual history of the Hall of Fame for Great Americans, bringing to life classroom discussions of history, historical remembrance, and the impact of those luminaries whose busts line the Hall. The project also includes the development of an accompanying curriculum that will support faculty in continuing to use the landmarked Hall of Fame… Read more: Hall of Fame for Great Americans Digital Collection
- Make Your Mark on History with Urban ArchiveBCC Archives Partners with Urban Archive The Bronx Community College Archives has teamed up with Urban Archive to make our photo collection available online and promote original works of history by students and faculty. Urban Archive makes thousands of historical photos of New York City publicly accessible on its interactive map. The BCC Archives joins New York Public Library, Columbia University, and the Museum of the City of New York, among many other cultural institutions, by making the photographic collection of the Hall of Fame for Great Americans available on UA. **** See the USER GUIDE on how… Read more: Make Your Mark on History with Urban Archive
- Journal of the Plague Year COVID 19 ArchiveThe BCC Archives has teamed up with the Journal of a Plague Year: An Archive of Covid-19 (JOTPY) to contribute stories on their completely digital archive to collect from communities traditionally underrepresented in historical accounts during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are a part of our college, we want to hear your story! You are part of a diverse campus; one of the most diverse communities in the world. We know how hard the past year has been. Covid-19 has impacted us and our loved ones, and we all have important perspectives on this moment. Once you Share Your Story… Read more: Journal of the Plague Year COVID 19 Archive
- Visions of Greatness: Rethinking Racial Disparity At the Hall of Fame
Founded in 1900, The Hall of Fame was the first memorial of its kind in the country, built to honor prominent Americans with a significant impact on this nation’s history. Despite its significance, the Hall can seem at odds with the vibrant community that surrounds it, a relational disparity between the honorees represented and the very diverse student body now attending Bronx Community College (BCC).
- Hall of Fame for Great Americans Collection, 1894-2008The Hall of Fame for Great Americans collection consists of over 84 linear feet of photographs and documents related to the selection, election, and media coverage of individuals represented in the Hall of Fame located at Bronx Community College (BCC).
- Bronx Community College Ephemera Collection, 1954-2022The Bronx Community College Ephemera Collection consists of promotional materials, brochures and general information on scheduled and prospective musical performances and lecture held with Gould Memorial Library, and a small number of studio recordings of Bronx Community College functions. Call # LD5708.B29.E64 For access, please set up an appointment with the Head Archivist, Cynthia Tobar at Cynthia.Tobar@bcc.cuny.edu This entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
- Hall of American Artists Collection, 1923-73Call # LD3897.3 .H3 The Hall of American Artists was a series of 22 busts to honor American artists housed within Gould Memorial Library (GML) at the University Heights campus when it was part of New York University (NYU). When NYU sold the campus in 1973, the busts were moved out of GML. The busts currently reside at NYU on display in the Bobst Galley or in fine arts storage. For access, please set up an appointment with the Head Archivist, Cynthia Tobar at Cynthia.Tobar@bcc.cuny.edu This entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
- Bronx Community College Center for Sustainable Energy Collection, 2004-2013:The Bronx Community College Center for Sustainable Energy was established in 2003 and was located on campus in Snow Hall. Its mission was to train students for careers in renewable energy research, solar installation technologies, energy efficiency and sustainable design. For access, please set up an appointment with the Head Archivist, Cynthia Tobar at Cynthia.Tobar@bcc.cuny.edu This entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
- North Hall and Library Architecture Collection, 2008-16Call # LD6501.B758 N67 The North Hall and Library Collection consists of photographs, posters, and architectural plans collected by Professor David Koenigstein which document the construction of the North Hall and Library building on the campus of Bronx Community College from 2008 until its completion in 2012. The collection includes architectural plans submitted before construction began, photographs taken by Professor Koenigstein, and materials created for a historical exhibit on the subject. For access, please set up an appointment with the Head Archivist, Cynthia Tobar at Cynthia.Tobar@bcc.cuny.edu This entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
- Carolyn Williams Collection, 1983-2012Dr. Carolyn Grubbs Williams is the first female to serve as the leader of the Bronx Community College of The City University of New York. She was named its sixth president in June 1996. The Carolyn G. Williams collection consists of awards, citations, and gifts given to Dr. Williams during her tenure as President of Los Angeles Southwest College (1992-1996) and President of Bronx Community College (1996-2011). Several of the objects pertain to Dr. Williams’ involvement in organizations such as the National Council on Black American Affairs and the American Association of Community and Junior Colleges.